Most people when they travel think they look like this:
Emily Schuman, one of my favourite bloggers, of Cupcakes and Cashmere has some great travel tips that you might be interested in:
1. Over sized sunglasses. For super early flights when I can’t be bothered to put on make-up, they’re great at making you look put together, even if you’re not.
2. Light layering. I was once stuck on a flight that had no air conditioning (wearing a wool sweater, naturally) and I was miserable. I now make sure to wear a breathable cotton tank top with very minimal jewelry. The same goes for accessories in general – avoid anything that could potentially set off the metal detector, including a big watch, chunky jewelry, a metal belt – even an underwire bra!
3. A good wrap sweater is worth investing in – it should be versatile, soft, and billowy so that it can transform into a makeshift blanket, mid-flight.
4. Stretchy pants + comfortable flats***. Black jeans are ideal for traveling, since they’re dressy enough should you need to go straight from the airport to dinner. The main thing is to make sure they have a good amount of stretch and aren’t too tight. I like to wear some sort of flat shoe that I can slip on and off at security – just make sure to pack along some cozy socks to change into once you’re in the air.
5. Big carry-all. This bag is my favorite – it holds a ton of stuff, including all of my airport essentials (noise-reducing headphones, laptop, iPad, snacks, hand sanitizer, etc.) and eliminates the need to take along two purses.